Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > how do i use my free one year update on ...
how do i use my free one year update on my ds708

2539 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-29 20:07:45

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    raneecruz
    2016-07-25 21:04:59
     How do i use my free one year update

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-07-26 10:15:23 (Reply to:raneecruz)

To download the updating of DS708, there are two ways:
    1. Connect your DS708 with network, go to Update page to download the software directly.
    2. Load the SD card to your PC via card reader, download the updates via PC suite.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-26 20:26:57 (Reply to:raneecruz)

The first thing I would do before I even register it is to take the original 4GB SD card  and put it in the card reader. Create a new folder on your good malware and virus  free PC and copy and paste the contents of the entire SD card to the new folder and just go buy yourself a brand new larger 16GB or even 32GB Sandisk SD card right away . Put the new formatted SD card in the card reader  and Copy and paste the entire contents of the new folder on your PC to the larger SD card . Put the new larger SD card in your Maxidas  then make sure everything works and save the original 4GB SD card in a safe place  as  original backup software. Install the PC Suite on your PC and  register your device and only update the software on the SD card from the PC suite with the SD card in the card reader of your PC and only update one make of car software version  at a time. Do not the select update all tab. 

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    bobinyelm

2016-10-20 04:15:39 (Reply to:witsend)

Sorry to hijack this somewhat old thread now, but I just read your post AFTER having bought a new DS708 and having registered it, and updating the system as suggested.

From your many posts I've been reading, you are a old hand at the DS708, so as a newbie, I solicit your advice for a long and happy relationship with my new, though obsolete unit.

So it's too late to follow you advice above, so what is the BEST thing I can do at this point?

So, to review, I unboxed my unit and tried to hook up to WiFi to register, but my unit wouldn't do it, I tried Ethernet and while I could get onto the Internet (weather, sports, news, etc), but when attempting to register it only showed "500 Server Error Cannot Connect." So I went to this sire, and registered w/ my Model/Serial/Password/Username and after about 20 minutes, my unit magically allowed me to connect via ethernet, recognized me as a registered user, and allowed me to update, unfortunately on my factory supplied 8gb SD Card (I should have used a new card and kept the original one as a backup I now learn).

So what is the best way to accomplish this going forward after missing my first best chance at it.

Thanks-
    Bob
    Olympia, WA

•   Level 4   
    (119) points
    John Clark

2016-10-20 21:27:12 (Reply to:bobinyelm)

Put the card in your PC and make a copy of the card contents.  Then place the contents on a new card and use the new card in the tool.  Use that card for the next update.  When the next update is done, copy that card's contents to a folder on your PC and then copy them to yet another new card.  That way you have a backup card of each individual update and can go back as needed. 

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    Multi-Auto

2016-10-29 20:07:45 (Reply to:raneecruz)

i want to talk with u ...  add me in facebook, frhd_rhd@yahoo.com
  Total1 Pages